Musculoskeletal Oncology Service Fellowships
2021-2022 Interview Packet: Coming Soon!
To apply for our Fellowship, please visit www.sfmatch.org. Login or register and enter our Program ID: 3956.
The Musculoskeletal Oncology Fellowship at the University of Washington provides a combined adult and pediatric one-year program emphasizing multi-disciplinary care, innovative surgical management, and related research. Our facility is the only dedicated, academic multi-disciplinary sarcoma center in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska regions. This Fellowship has trained sarcoma surgeons for over twenty years, many of whom currently direct academic programs across the country. Current surgical techniques, multi-disciplinary treatment modalities, and imaging protocols are used in both pediatric and adult settings.
Weekly activities include:
- adult and pediatric multi-disciplinary tumor board conference
- adult and pediatric clinic and operative responsibilities
- dedicated research time
Areas of research available to potential fellows include basic science, biomechanics, and clinical research.
One research project is expected by the end of the year.
- presentation at multi-disciplinary conference
- resident teaching
- formal teaching conference
- Call requirements are minimal
- a $1,750 book/travel fund is available
- Plans for an additional research year can be made if that interest should arise
Due to institutional guidelines we can only accept foreign applicants who currently have a Permanent Resident Card or Green Card.