The University of Washington Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine is committed to a culture of openness, civility and respect, employing and training a diverse workforce (staff, residents and faculty), and providing quality and equitable healthcare to all persons in need of our expertise. Diversity and inclusion are important moral values. Encoding these principles in our “departmental DNA” will result in a more collegial, productive and creative work environment, which leads to more effective teaching, research and innovative care. Within our Department, all persons will find compassionate and high-quality care for any orthopaedic condition.
We are proud to announce, The Visiting Student Sub-Internship Program, it is a funded program designed to give students from a diverse background a chance to experience the exceptional training that the Department of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine at the University of Washington has to offer. Students will spend four weeks on one or more of the surgical teams at Seattle Children’s Hospital, Northwest Hospital and Medical Center, University of Washington Medical Center, Harborview Medical Center and/or Puget Sound Veteran’s Administrative Hospital. Students will participate in all the duties and functions of a medical student intern and care for a variety of patients in our tertiary care centers. They will also be expected to attend all scheduled house staff teaching sessions and conferences. Other options will include occasional night call at our Level 1 Orthopaedic Trauma program at Harborview Medical Center. For full information visit: http://www.orthop.washington.edu/education/medical-students/diversity-visiting-student-program.html
- Professor and Chair - Howard A. Chansky, M.D.
- Vice Chair for University of Washington Medical Center - Albert O. Gee, M.D.
- Vice Chair for Harborview Medical Center - Carlo Bellabarba, M.D.
- Vice Chair for Research - Ted S. Gross, Ph.D.
- Vice Chair for Quality Improvement - Daphne M. Beingessner, M.D.
- Vice Chair of Division of Pediatric Orthopaedics, SCH - Suzanne M. Yandow, M.D.
- Chief of Orthopaedics, VA Hospital - Nicholas Iannuzzi, M.D.
- Residency Program Director - Christopher Y. Kweon, M.D.
- Associate Residency Program Director - Lisa A. Taitsman, M.D.
- Associate Residency Program Director - Stephen Kennedy, M.D.
- Associate Residency Program Director - Nicholas Iannuzzi, M.D.
- Department Administrative Team