Dr. Adam Sasson and Dr. Navin Fernando hosted a quarterly arthroplasty seminar for residents and OSSMIG members. The focus of the seminar was developmental hip dysplasia, a topic of particular interest to Dr. Sassoon based on his fellowship work at Washington University in St. Louis.
Drs. Sassoon and Fernando were joined by special guest, Dr. Cara Beth Lee, an orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip preservation at Virgina Mason.
Dr. Sassoon began the seminar with an overview of developmental hip dysplasia and covered the treatment strategies and surgical techniques used for hip preservation based on the stage of disease physicians may encounter in clinic.
Residents followed with presentations on surgical cases and related literature.
Topics covered include:
- Congenital Hip Disease in Adults
- Crowe IV Developmental Dysplasia
- Prognosis of Untreated Dysplasia of the Hip
- Imaging Hip Dysplasia in the Skeletally Mature
- Uncemented Acetabular Components with Femoral Head Autograft for Acetabular Reconstruction in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
View the seminar presentations below or on our youtube channel.
April 2016 - Arthroplasty Seminar Photo Gallery
Click an image below to enlarge.