Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
6:45- 7:45 AM
Genome Sciences Building, Foege Auditorium, Room S060
West of UWMC at Pacific St. NE & 15th – Directions, maps, and parking info below
Regional Anesthesia and the Future of Orthopedic Perioperative Care
- Peter J. Dunbar, MB, ChB, MBA
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
Harborview Medical Center
- Zachary R. Fisk, MD, MBA
Director of Acute Pain and Regional Anesthesia
VA Puget Sound affiliated with University of Washington
- Greta M. Hockett, MD
Acting Assistant Professor
Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
University of Washington
If you are unable to attend in-person, watch Grand Rounds live online at 6:45 AM: www.orthop.washington.edu/live.
DIRECTIONS from I-5:
- Take the 45th St. EXIT
- Go EAST on 45th St. to 15th St.
- Go SOUTH on 15th to Pacific St.
- The Genome Science Building is on the SE corner of 15th & Pacific St.
- Continue on 15th and go behind UWMC to park in Lot S1 (faculty and public)
- After parking, walk back past the parking gatehouse to the Genome Sciences Building. Foege Auditorium is at the corner of 15th & Boat St.
- Enter the building at the SE entrance or SW entrance at the corner of 15th & Boat St.
- Foege Auditorium (S060) is just inside entrance.
FREE STREET PARKING until 8 AM. On 15th Street, turn RIGHT at Boat Street and park on either side of Boat Street.
Public parking is also available in Lot S1 behind UWMC (1959 Pacific Ave NE). Take 15th Ave. at Pacific to go around behind UWMC (15th turns into Columbia Road). Stop at the gatehouse to pay for parking and again after Grand Rounds for a partial refund.
For faculty without Lot S1 parking permits: Parking is arranged in Lot S1 behind UWMC (take 15th around behind UWMC). Tell gate attendant you have event parking for ''Orthopaedic Grand Rounds''. You must get a parking pass at the gatehouse to avoid a ticket. After parking in Lot S1 walk back past the gatehouse to the Genome Science Building (corner of 15th & Boat Street). Foege Auditorium (S060) is inside the nearest entrance.
Residents’ parking is provided in the West Campus Parking Garage. The Genome Sciences Building is across 15th St. and Foege auditorium is just inside the SW entrance at the corner of 15th & Boat St. Attendance is required for Orthopaedic Surgery Residents and R1s on Ortho rotations (PPUPS parking is provided).
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Washington School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. (Each session is 1.0 credits)
Community physicians must provide e-mail address to receive CME credits:
- Identify “gold standard” of care.
- Update knowledge base with latest information available.
- Integrate information in order to reach appropriate treatment decisions.
Disclosure information for all members of the Orthopaedic Grand Rounds CME Planning Committee:
- Dr. Howard Chansky and Dr. Neil Tarabadkar have no disclosures.
- Dr. Douglas P. Hanel’s disclosures:
- Consulting, Speaking & Teaching: Aptis Medical LLC
- Drs. Dunbar, Fisk, and Hockett have no disclosures to report.